Support us by making a donation
Become a donor and help us to attract young people to adopt healthy life choices, empower young women to protect themselves, educate young mothers to protect their unborn children and support young people living with HIV on long term treatment.
You can send a one-off donation or set up a monthly donation of any amount through GivenGain using the link below. Donations can be made in this method with either a secure card payment or a secure South African bank transfer.
If you prefer a direct deposit, find our banking details below:
Standard Bank, Mowbray Branch
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
Account no. 071292861
Branch code 024 909
SWIFT code SBZAZAJJ
Other ways to make a difference
You can now link your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card with the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation. Every time you swipe your card at any Woolworths of Woolworths’ partners they can make a donation to us on your behalf, at no cost to you!
Simply order a free card using this link
MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Partners:
Host a special event with your family and friends for your celebrations (such as birthdays) Instead of receiving gifts, ask friends and family to make a lasting change by giving a donation.
“Do your little bit of good wherever you are. It’s those little bits of good that overwhelm the world.” – Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu
- All donations made to the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation are exempt from donations tax and qualify the donor for deductions from taxable income in accordance with the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962.
- Donations of R100 or more over a year are eligible for tax relief. We will provide a Section 18A tax certificate on request which enables you to claim a deduction from personal or corporate taxable income. You can receive up to a maximum deduction of 10% of your annual taxable income. To read more about PBO and Section 18A criteria, log on to the SARS website (www.sars.gov.za).
- Our NonProfit Organisation (NPO) number is 148-956
- Our Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) number is 18-11-12-51
- Our (Non-Profit Company) NPC number is 1999/005072/08
- The Youth Centre engages 2,800 youth beneficiaries, with 100% contributing to BBBEE rating.
- The Tutu Tester engages 6,000 clients per year, with approximately 99% contributing to BBBEE rating. The majority of the 1% of clients not included is made up of foreign nationals from other African countries.
If you would like further information, please contact Lavinia Browne. Email: Lavinia.Browne@hiv-research.org.za Tel: +27 21 650 1942